Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Freddy's DEAD! Well, kinda...

Last Friday +Armada Volya, Vincent, +michael boyajian  and yours truly were back at it, yet again, talking about the last two films in the Nightmare on Elm Street series- Freddy's Dead: the Final Nightmare and Wes Craven's New Nightmare. I say last two, yes, despite there being Freddy v Jason and the newest reprisal of the series. Of course I have opinions on those, but all three of you who read this will have to wait.

Back to the podcast. Excluding the first film, these two were my favorite in the series. There was just something about the ridiculously stupid kills (video games, cutting parachutes, etc.), learning about Freddy's twisted background, finding out about this surprise child of his, the demon sperm (Vincent's words, sorry buddy) and of course a pipebomb killing freddy...I forgot to mention spoiler alert, well, because Freddy didn't really end there.

IF I had to choose between that and Wes Craven's New Nightmare, my vote would be for Wes. His (re)adaptation of the way he envisioned Freddy, bringing back real cast and crew and this idea of horror transcending the screen was awesome. Take away Freddy's humor, throw in some good old fashion slashing, utilizing CA earthquakes, and I'm all in. Plus I love the hansel and grettle touch at the end.

Anyway, that's enough. After all I'd rather have you listen to my sweet sexy voice, than read words on this this post.

Here's the link to the Under Candle Light RSS feed.
CLICK ME!

I just checked it, and since the newest episode isn't on there yet, I'll throw in the youtube link so you stalk me, I mean watch me.
NoES 6 and 7

So that about does it for me.

OHHHH WAIT! I do have some other news, I'm ALMOST done with the first draft for book three. Stayed tuned, world.

**Update: here is the link to Under Candle Light where the audio for each episode can be found**
Under Candle Light

No comments:

Post a Comment