Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Review of "The Change", a fellow zombie author, some other zombie stuff, and then back to the review, kinda

So a day or two ago, or maybe three, fellow horror writer and zombie lover +J. Cornell Michel did me the honor of reading "The Change" and publishing her review on a kick-ass website she writes for called Zombie Guide Magazine. It's a pretty rad site, and if you're into zombies you have to check it out! The setup is awesome and the writers even more.

Anyway, Michel reviewed "The Longest Road" a few weeks back and was excited up for round two in the series. I was like a kid waiting for Christmas (cliche, whatever) to hear what she thought about it. I can't really explain it, it's just different getting a review from someone who is a writer in your genre. After multiple rides on the metro and time spent traveling around the country visiting different horror-related conventions, she finished the book and this is her review! I can't thank her enough for the time and energy she put into it!

For those who don't know Michel, she is a fantastic writer and the author of her own zombie novel entitled "Jordan's Brains." As I have mentioned on a few other posts and articles, I like my zombies traditional-esque: walkers or sprinters, blood lusters and virus/plague carriers. I have a hard time getting into thinkers, weapon users and undead fallen in-love-ers. Keep it simple, right? BUT I have to say that Michel created a very unique perspective in her first person narrative. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride inside Jordan's mind and the numerous funny, tragic, uplifting, down-beating moments. I won't spoil anything, but if you get a chance give her story a chance- if you're still on the fence, you can find my full review of it if you click on this (and then look scroll down for my review, it's in there somewhere).

Gettin' back on track, actually I don't know what else I fee like writing about right now, so I'll end it.

Before you go clicking away, and as if this post didn't have enough, here's some other links I'm too lazy to make another post for:

Review of "The Longest Road" on Zombie-Guide Magazine by J. Cornell Michel
My thoughts on the zombie evolution, a guest post on Zombie-Guide Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment